Dawn Waldrope













Above: 2 x Alchemical Equations
Charting changes in reality
Below: To the Earth




Dawn Nelson Wardrope

is a concrete poet, collage artist and mail artist. Dawn is the author of Remnants of the Red Ribbon sec and Fisherwoman. Work published in magazines such as Angry old men, Experiment-0, Sonic Boom (cover artist) Utsanga, Otoliths, Renegade and Timeglasset 6. Her work is widely seen on Facebook. Redfoxpress recently published Fisherwoman. Her
newest chapbook, The penman, a serious writer, has just been published by Simulacrum.

A sequence of Dawn's works illustrate the book that has inspired this blogsite -- a history of text art and visual poetry, by karl kempton.









statement

"I am very much an intuitive. I feel the colours and images very deeply. I feel and know where everything must go, every dot, every letter, every line. When I work I sense the childhood feelings that were unknowingly abandoned but now have been wonderfully reclaimed. The work I do is for my pure pleasure and hopefully other people will enjoy it also. I believe in beauty and in moving hearts, my own included, into mystery..."





Comments